Shareworld's Guide to Investing - The Official Blog

Friday 16 July 2010

Ocado - Public Offering (IPO)

Ocado, the online supermarket, will shortly be doing an Initial Public Offering (IPO), giving members of the public a chance to buy shares in them for the first time. I like the idea of buying shares in a business I know something about - and I've been buying my groceries from Ocado for more than 7 years, so they fit the bill nicely. Of course, as with any investment, price is all important - I‘ll only be buying their shares if they look cheap.

As part of an IPO, a company issues a prospectus, which should provide the basis of any decision to invest. It provides a lot of the information that a publicly listed company would put in their annual reports, and which aren't so easily available for a private firm....Read on

No comments:

Post a Comment